Position: Senior Claims Adjuster
Location: Glendale, California
Posted: May 13, 2020
About the Company
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our team. This position will be based out of Glendale, California.
- Executes on client/Carl Warren strategies to achieve claims quality, customer service, and operational objectives.
- Proactively work claims to ensure file quality meets Carl Warren & Company Claim Handling Guidelines as well as any client requirements.
- High level of productivity measured according to the age and complexity of the assigned caseload.
- Maintains a timely diary of claims.
- Consistently achieves audit scores of 90% and above.
- Consistently achieves a monthly closing ratio of 100%.
- Focuses on providing the client with an outstanding work product.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- May be required to prepare narrative reports for clients and/or present claims in a roundtable setting or at a claim review.
- Develops strategies for claims resolution with file notes reflecting clarity, focus, control/management, and momentum.
- Identifies/utilizes vendors and effectively manages the vendors to achieve satisfactory results on both the expense and indemnity costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in the P&C industry preferred, Public Entity and bodily injury experience a plus
- College degree preferred
- Insurance designation preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft applications preferred
- Knowledge of claims processes and procedures, in addition to the overall knowledge of the insurance industry
Do you have strong knowledge of claims processes?
Demonstrates the ability to investigate, evaluate, and resolve claims. Maintains own functional /technical expertise through projects, designations, continuing education, etc. Models expert learning and growth by having a strong understanding of best practices within the function. Has a working knowledge of claims workflow and a strong understanding of the processes. Proven track record of sustained performance as measured by performance indicators.
Are you a problem solver?
Determines steps to obtain the best outcome of claim resolution. Considers short and long-term outcomes through decision-making sessions to ensure all stakeholders are involved.
Are you a good communicator?
The ideal candidate will consistently and effectively communicate with a diverse spectrum of people across the organization and team. Must seek answers and clarification from management on information that is not understood to ensure the proper message is communicated.
Do you jump at the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues?
Ability to read and work with a variety of people, assess credibility, maintain optimism, build relationships, be resilient and approachable. Leads by example.
About Carl Warren
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies, and captives.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, generous paid vacations and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
- Salary based on Experience
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Senior Claims Adjuster – Glendale”.