Position: Property Adjuster
Location: Glendale, California
Posted: January 10, 2020
About the Company
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our team. This position will be based out of Glendale, California.
- Executes on client/Carl Warren strategies to achieve claims quality, customer service, and operational objectives.
- Proactively work claims to ensure file quality meets Carl Warren & Company Claim Handling Guidelines as well as any client requirements.
- High level of productivity measured according to the age and complexity of the assigned caseload.
- Maintains a timely diary of claims.
- Consistently achieves audit scores of 90% and above.
- Focuses on providing the client with an outstanding work product.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- May be required to prepare reports for clients and/or present claims in a roundtable setting or at a claim review.
- Develops strategies for claims resolution with file notes reflecting clarity, focus, control/management, and momentum.
- Identifies/utilizes vendors and effectively manages the vendors to achieve satisfactory results on both the expense and indemnity costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Seven or more years of experience in the P&C industry preferred, Public Entity experience a plus
- Five or more years of experience handling complex/litigated claims and litigation management
- Property experience a plus
- College degree preferred
- Insurance designation preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft applications preferred
- Knowledge of claims processes and procedures, in addition to the overall knowledge of the insurance industry
- Read and understand legal documents.
Are you a good communicator?
Consistently and effectively communicates with a diverse spectrum of people across the organization and team. Must seek answers and clarification from management on information that is not understood to ensure the proper message is communicated.
Are you a problem solver?
Determines steps to obtain the best outcome of claim resolution. Considers short and long-term outcomes through decision-making sessions to ensure all stakeholders are involved. Understands multiple resources assist in claim resolution and facilitates these resources. Continuously monitors the effectiveness of the current strategy and makes recommendations for necessary changes. Continually accesses the success of the strategy and ultimate claim outcome against the market and competitors
Do you have the passion to deliver high-quality work?
Aligns and supports goals that promote client-centric culture. Services the needs of both internal and external clients, understands all expectations of performance, committed to delivering high-quality service, ability to communicate often, and be responsive to all requests timely.
Do you jump at the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues?
Ability to read and work with a variety of people, assess credibility, maintain optimism, build relationships, be resilient, and approachable. Leads by example.
About Carl Warren
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies, and captives.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, generous paid vacations and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
- Salary based on Experience
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Property Adjuster – Glendale, CA”.