Position: Litigation Specialist
Location: Tustin or Glendale, CA California
Posted: September 10, 2018
About the Company
Carl Warren is an employee-owned Third Party Administrator (TPA) with 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies and captives.
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Litigation Specialist with 5+ years of claims handling and litigation management experience for public entities to join our team. This position can be located in either our Tustin or Glendale office in California
- Analyzes and processes complex or technically difficult general liability claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim; manages claims through well-developed action plans to an appropriate and timely resolution.
- Strong knowledge of government codes applicable to Public Entity claims handling
- Assesses liability and resolves claims within evaluation.
- Negotiates settlement of claims within designated authority.
- Calculates and assigns timely and appropriate reserves to claims; manages reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Manages the litigation process; ensures timely and cost-effective claims resolution.
- Coordinates vendor referrals for additional investigation and/or litigation management.
- Uses appropriate cost containment techniques including strategic vendor partnerships to reduce the overall cost of claims for our clients.
- Communicates claim activity and processing with the claimant and the client; maintains professional client relationships with multiple client members.
- Ensures claim files are properly documented and claims coding is correct.
- 5+ years of claims management experience
- 5+ years of litigation management experience
- Juris Doctorate preferred
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong self-motivational and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as, independently and receive direction from others
- Ability to meet or exceed Service Expectations
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401k, medical, dental, vision, life and disability, generous paid vacations and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Litigation Specialist – Tustin, CA”.