Position: Claims Adjuster
Location: San Bernardino, Los Angeles, or Orange County, CA
Posted: June 21, 2021
About the Company
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Claims Examiner with 3+ years of handling litigated auto and/or general liability property damage and bodily injury claims of moderate to high severity to join our team. This position is remote but must be based out of Los Angeles/Orange/Riverside/San Bernardino County California.
- Communication with client’s employees, point of contact, and file handling to the conclusion of assignments.
- Execute client/Carl Warren strategies to achieve claims quality, customer service, and operational objectives.
- Work effectively with partners/subcontractors to achieve satisfactory results on both the expense and indemnity costs.
- Could be called upon to perform additional duties, if needed.
- 3+ years of handling litigated auto and/or general liability property damage and bodily injury claims of moderate to high severity for a standard California insurance carrier or TPA
- Field investigation experience is preferred
- Public entity experience is a plus
- A college degree is preferred, and a designation (e.g. AIC, AIM, ARM, CPCU) and/or insurance-related courses are a plus
- Experience working in claims management systems and knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Do you have strong knowledge of claims processes?
Extensive knowledge of public entity claims handling along with overall knowledge of the insurance industry; ability to read and understand legal documents.
Are you a problem solver?
Strong negotiation skills with the ability to quickly conceptualize the issues involved in the claim. Make and execute a plan; anticipate situations and mitigate proactively.
Are you a good communicator?
The ideal candidate will have customer service experience and be able to explain simple and complex issues; strong listening skills; prepare and deliver presentations; professional oral and written communication skills are important.
Do you jump at the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues?
Develop strong relationships with associates from within and outside the claims department; willingness to learn; assist with other tasks, if needed.
About Carl Warren
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies, and captives.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, generous paid vacations and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
- Salary based on Experience
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Claims Adjuster – Los Angeles/Orange/San Bernardino County”.