Position: Claims Adjuster
Location: San Bernardino, California
Posted: November 11, 2021
About the Company
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our team. This position will be located in San Bernardino, CA.
- Communication with client’s employees, point of contact, and file handling to the conclusion of assignments.
- Executes client/Carl Warren strategies to achieve claims quality, customer service, and operational objectives.
- Work effectively with partners/subcontractors to achieve satisfactory results on both the expense and indemnity costs.
- Could be called upon to perform additional duties, if needed.
- 3+ years of handling litigated auto and/or general liability property damage and bodily injury claims
- Field investigation experience preferred
- Public entity experience is a plus
- A college degree is preferred and a designation (e.g. AIC, AIM, ARM, CPCU) and/or insurance-related courses are a plus
- Experience working in claims management systems and strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Obtain and maintain necessary adjuster licenses
Communication Skills: Consistently and effectively communicates with a diverse spectrum of people across the organization and team. Must seek answers and clarification from management on information that is not understood to ensure the proper message is communicated.
Problem Solving & Decision Making: Determines steps to obtain the best outcome of claim resolution. Considers short and long-term outcomes through the decision-making sessions to ensure all stakeholders are involved.
Customer Service: Aligns and supports goals that promote client-centric culture. Services the needs of both internal and external clients, understands all expectations of performance, is committed to delivering high-quality service, ability to communicate often, and be responsive to all requests timely. Has the passion to deliver high-quality work.
Interpersonal skills: Ability to read and work with a variety of people, assess credibility, maintain optimism, build relationships, be resilient and approachable. Leads by example.
Strategic Thinking: Understands multiple resources assist in claim resolution and facilitates these resources. Continuously monitors the effectiveness of the current strategy and makes recommendations for necessary changes. Continually assesses the success of the strategy and ultimate claim outcome against the market and competitors.
Functional/Technical Expertise: Demonstrates the ability to investigate, evaluate and resolve claims. Maintains own functional /technical expertise through projects, designations, continuing education, etc. Models expert learning and growth by having a strong understanding of best practices within the function. Has a working knowledge of claims workflow and a strong understanding of the processes. Proven track record of sustained performance as measured by performance indicators.
About Carl Warren
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies, and captives.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401k, 401k matching, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, generous paid vacations, and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
- Salary based on Experience
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Claims Adjuster – San Bernardino”.