Position: Claims Adjuster
Location: San Luis Obispo, California
Posted: March 13, 2020
About the Company
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Claims Examiner with 3+ years of auto property damage, bodily injury liability, and litigated claims handling experience to join our team. This position will be based out of San Luis Obispo, California.
- Communication with client’s employees, point of contact, and file handling to the conclusion of assignments.
- Execute on client/Carl Warren strategies in order to achieve claims quality, customer service, and operational objectives.
- Work effectively with partners/subcontractors to achieve satisfactory results on both the expense and indemnity costs.
- Could be called upon to perform additional duties, if needed.
- 3+ years of handling experience for auto property damage and bodily injury claims in the Property & Casualty industry
- 3+ years of litigation management experience
- Field investigation experience preferred
- Public entity experience is a plus
- College degree is preferred and a designation (e.g. AIC, AIM, ARM, CPCU) and/or insurance-related courses are a plus
- Experience working in claims management systems and strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Obtain and maintain necessary adjuster licenses.
Are you a good communicator?”
Consistently and effectively communicates with a diverse spectrum of people across the organization and team. Must seek answers and clarification from management on information that is not understood to ensure the proper message is communicated.
Are you a problem solver?
Determines steps to obtain the best outcome of claim resolution. Considers short and long-term outcomes through decision-making sessions to ensure all stakeholders are involved. Understands multiple resources assist in claim resolution and facilitates these resources. Continuously monitors the effectiveness of the current strategy and makes recommendations for necessary changes. Continually accesses the success of the strategy and ultimate claim outcome against the market and competitors
Do you have the passion to deliver high-quality work?
Aligns and supports goals that promote client-centric culture. Services the needs of both internal and external clients, understands all expectations of performance, committed to delivering high-quality service, ability to communicate often, and be responsive to all requests timely.
Do you jump at the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues?
Ability to read and work with a variety of people, assess credibility, maintain optimism, build relationships, be resilient, and approachable. Leads by example.
About Carl Warren
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies, and captives.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, generous paid vacations and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
- Salary based on Experience
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Claims Adjuster – San Luis Obispo, CA“.