Position: Claims Adjuster
Location: Orange County, California
Posted: November 11, 2021
About the Company
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Claims Examiner with 3+ years of handling litigated auto and general liability property damage and bodily injury claims of moderate to high severity to join our team. The position is currently remote, but the candidate must reside in California.
- Executes client/Carl Warren strategies to achieve claims quality, customer service, and operational objectives.
- Proactively work claims to ensure file quality meets Carl Warren & Company Claim Handling Guidelines as well as any client requirements.
- A high level of productivity is measured according to the age and complexity of the assigned caseload.
- Maintains a timely diary of claims.
- Consistently achieves audit scores of 90% and above.
- Focuses on providing the client with an outstanding work product.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- May be required to prepare reports for clients and/or present claims in a roundtable setting or at a claim review.
- Develops strategies for claims resolution with file notes reflecting clarity, focus, control/management, and momentum.
- Identifies/utilizes vendors and effectively manages the vendors to achieve satisfactory results on both the expense and indemnity costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in the Property and Casualty Industry
- 3+ years of handling litigated, auto, and general liability property damage and bodily injury claims of moderate to high severity for a standard California insurance carrier or TPA
- Field investigation experience is preferred
- Public entity experience is a plus
- College degree is preferred, and a designation (e.g. AIC, AIM, ARM, CPCU) and/or insurance-related courses are a plus
- Knowledge of claims processes and procedures, in addition to the overall knowledge of the insurance industry
- Read and understand legal documents
- Some travel may be required
Do you have strong knowledge of claims processes?
Extensive knowledge of claims handling along with overall knowledge of the insurance industry; ability to read and understand legal documents.
Are you a problem solver?
Strong negotiation skills with the ability to quickly conceptualize the issues involved in the claim, make a plan and then execute the plan; anticipate situations, and mitigate proactively.
Are you a good communicator?
The ideal candidate will have customer service experience and be able to explain simple and complex issues; strong listening skills; prepare and deliver presentations; professional oral and written communication skills are important.
Do you jump at the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues?
Develop strong relationships with associates from within and outside the claims department; willingness to learn; assist with other tasks, if needed.
About Carl Warren
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and multiple locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies, and captives.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401k, 401k matching medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, generous paid vacations, and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
- Salary based on Experience
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Claims Adjuster – Orange County”.