Position: Claims Adjuster
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posted: December 2, 2020
About the Company
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our team. This position will be based out of Los Angeles, California.
- Executes on client/Carl Warren strategies to achieve claims quality, customer service, and operational objectives.
- Proactively work claims to ensure file quality meets Carl Warren & Company Claim Handling Guidelines as well as any client requirements.
- High level of productivity measured according to the age and complexity of the assigned caseload.
- Maintains a timely diary of claims.
- Consistently achieves audit scores of 90% and above.
- Focuses on providing the client with an outstanding work product.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- May be required to prepare reports for clients and/or present claims in a round table setting or at a claim review.
- Develops strategies for claims resolution with file notes reflecting clarity, focus, control/management, and momentum.
- Identifies/utilizes vendors and effectively manages the vendors to achieve satisfactory results on both the expense and indemnity costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of experience in the P&C industry preferred, Public Entity experience a plus
- Two or more years of experience handling complex/litigated claims and litigation management
- College degree preferred
- Insurance designation preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft applications preferred
- Knowledge of claims processes and procedures, in addition to the overall knowledge of the insurance industry
- Read and understand legal documents.
Do you have strong knowledge of claims processes?
Extensive knowledge of public entity claims handling along with overall knowledge of the insurance industry; ability to read and understand legal documents.
Are you a problem solver?
Strong negotiation skills with the ability to quickly conceptualize the issues involved in the claim, make a plan and then execute the plan; anticipate situations and mitigate proactively.
Are you a good communicator?
The ideal candidate will have customer service experience and be able to explain simple and complex issues; strong listening skills; prepare and deliver presentations; professional oral and written communication skills are important.
Do you jump at the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues?
Develop strong relationships with associates from within and outside the claims department; willingness to learn; assist with other tasks, if needed.
About Carl Warren
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies, and captives.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, generous paid vacations and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
- Salary based on Experience
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Claims Adjuster – Los Angeles”.