Position: Claims Adjuster
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posted: January 11, 2021
About the Company
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our team. This position will work remotely.
- Conduct investigations, establish the facts of the loss, coverage analysis, compensability/liability/negligence determination, investigate possible application of risk transfer, litigation management, appropriate use of vendors, apply policy contract and insurance laws to properly assess and negotiate (settle, authorize or deny payment) to the conclusion of the claim within authority limits.
- Timely and appropriate reserve analysis and report completion.
- Handle litigated cases and attend mediation on assigned files.
- Prepare reports and present claims in a round-table setting or at a claim review.
- Determine if subrogation opportunity exists and initiates recovery efforts.
- Remote position but some travel required.
- 7 – 10+ years in Property & Casualty industry.
- 7 – 10+ years of handling experience in complex litigated claims.
- Product and General Liability experience is preferred.
- College degree is preferred and a designation (e.g. AIC, AIM, ARM, CPCU) and/or insurance-related courses are a plus.
- Experience working in claims management systems and strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Obtain and maintain necessary adjuster licenses.
Do you have strong knowledge of claims processes?
Extensive knowledge of claims handling along with overall knowledge of the insurance industry; ability to read and understand legal documents.
Are you a problem solver?
Strong negotiation skills with the ability to quickly conceptualize the issues involved in the claim, make a plan and then execute the plan; anticipate situations and mitigate proactively.
Are you a good communicator?
The ideal candidate will have customer service experience and be able to explain simple and complex issues; strong listening skills; prepare and deliver presentations; professional oral and written communication skills are important.
Do you jump at the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues?
Develop strong relationships with associates from within and outside the claims department; willingness to learn; assist with other tasks, if needed.
About Carl Warren
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies, and captives.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, generous paid vacations and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
- Salary based on Experience
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Claims Adjuster – Los Angeles”.