Position: Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster – OSCM
Location: Woodland Hills, California
Posted: October 11, 2021
About the Company
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees’ development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster to join our team. This position will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
- Investigate and process insurance claims filed by policyholders or claimants
- Handle and process bodily injury claims in a variety of states
- Verify that coverage applies for the loss
- Interview the claimant and witnesses to gather pertinent information.
- Examine photographs and statements
- Evaluate medical records and all pertinent information on injury claims to determine the potential exposure
- Record pertinent claims-related data and statements within the claims file notes
- Evaluate all information to determine how the claim should be handled
- Negotiate with the claimant or their representative to settle the claim
- Complete litigation referral process in the event that negotiations fail to resolve a claim
- Issue payments to resolve the claims
- Identify subrogation potential in each claim and take appropriate steps to subrogate damages from at-fault parties
- Identify fraud indicators and refer those instances for special investigation
- Identify exposures and analyze large losses over $100,000 in value utilizing the required reporting format
- Analyze reports to identify trends and propose appropriate interventions
- Some traveling for local mediation, MSC and trial hearings, as required
- BA/BS preferred
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Strong understanding of claims handling principles and concepts
- Proficient in investigating claims, gathering pertinent information, and making decisions with respect to complex coverage and liability matters.
- Ability to review medical records and recommend settlement values taking into account various venues, aggravating liability issues.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, etc., and basic computer skills
- Ability to adapt to a paperless environment as well as the flexibility to work within underwriting and processing systems.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements is a plus.
- Must be Bilingual English/Spanish
Do you have strong litigation experience in multiple jurisdictions and bodily injury claims adjusting experience?
Knowledge of claims handling along with overall knowledge of the insurance industry; ability to read and understand legal documents.
Are you a problem solver?
Strong negotiation skills with the ability to quickly conceptualize the issues involved in the claim, make a plan and then execute the plan; anticipate situations, and mitigate proactively.
Are you a good communicator?
The ideal candidate will have customer service experience and be able to explain simple and complex issues; strong listening skills; prepare and deliver presentations; professional oral and written communication skills are important.
Do you jump at the opportunity to learn and collaborate with colleagues?
Develop strong relationships with associates from within and externally; willingness to learn; assist with other tasks, if needed.
About Carl Warren
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies, and captives.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401k, 401k matching, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, generous paid vacations, and holiday
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
- Salary based on Experience
How to Apply
Email your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary expectations, with the email subject header “Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster – OSCM”.